The Folkore Museum of Santorini
Emmanouel A. Lignos created a place able to transfer the visitor back to the Santorini of 19th century.
- The typical local cave House,
- the Winery (cave, wine cellar with treading vats, barrels, wine press, linens and antiwue utensils)
- the Cavern (showing evidence of the volcanic eruption ftom the excavation of the layers of soil)
- [all three cave houses above have been built in 1861]
- the Workshops (Carpenters, Barrel makers, Shoemakers and Tinsmiths)
- the Gallery (a display of works by famous artists inspired by Santorini)
- the Historical Archives (Lithographs, Manuscripts and Books from Santorini)
- the Garden with seating areas among trees and flowers
- the St. Konstantinos Chapel with its belfry and its frstivities room
- picture the way of living on the island a few years before.
Located in Fira, in Kontohori.
Tel: +30 22860 22792